Saturday, April 07, 2007

Currently Reading...

Currently reading : Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity By David Allen Release date: By 31 December, 2002.

His web-site is www.davidco.com.

I've been using my T-Mobile MDA with PocketInformant and using a basic, but effective, way of managing tasks -- you create categories based on where you do your tasks. For example, "@Admin-Desk; @Home; @Phone", etc.

I'm about half way through the book and currently in purge mode and about to start using his filing techniques. Throwing out stuff is quite cathartic I've found.

1 comment:

Paul Garth said...

Finished the book, which was great. Practical tools for: Getting Things out of your head; coming up with categories so you remember to do things based on current locations. The key is to implicitly trust your system and do a core dump of what's on your mind.

Now I'm reading his next book -- "Ready For Anything".